Ep 22: Why is Vitamin D Important for Athletes? What You Need to Know About Performance!
- Why Vitamin D is important for athletes and why where you live may determine your Vitamin D status
- The roles Vitamin D plays in the immune system
- Why Vitamin D deficiency can pose overall health problems
- The relationship between sun exposure, Vitamin D and sunscreen
- How much Vitamin D athletes may need
- How treadmill runners, early morning runners, or athletes who wear many layers may want to get their Vitamin D levels tested
- How to request a Vitamin D test
- The discrepancies over Vitamin D recommendations and how they may differ for athletes
- Is there such thing as Vitamin D toxicity?
- The Vitamin D supplement we recommend
- How Vitamin D status may impact CO-VID19 severity and symptoms
We want to hear from you! Are you an athlete and want to share your fueling and training journey? Email us at email@example.com and we might feature you on the show!
- What do you want to hear on the podcast? Take this survey so we can provide content you want to hear!
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Vitamin D3/K2 drops supplement drops
- Vegan D3 + K2 supplement
- Now Foods Vitamin D
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.