Sarah and Marita discuss their personal journeys back to exercise after recovering from their first pregnancies and births. They also discuss tips for handling heavy training cycles with kids, including balancing nutrition needs, balancing time for training and family time, the logistics and “hows” of making it work and how they stay motivated. They also discuss the signs of exercise burnout and how you may know you’re taking on too much.
Notes from this episode:
- Join our Free Facebook Group, Nutrition for Runners
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition course, which talks about pre/post run meals and how much to eat
- Postpartum Running Recommendations: Released in March 2019 by a group of Physiotherapists from the United Kingdom
- This blog post from Sarah Canney is also very helpful in terms of returning to exercise postpartum.
- Tips on listening to breastfeeding hunger
- Want to support the show and help keep us going? Consider joining our Patreon group, where you get insider access and exclusive content!