Ep 6: Runners Stomach and Other GI Issues When Training
Have you ever had to stop running because you had to go to the bathroom right that instant? Or had sloshing, heartburn, or nausea while running?
This episode goes over the exact reasons why you’re experiencing or more prone to GI issues. Sarah and Marita break down the reasons why this may be happening and how to alleviate your issues.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Deena Kastor’s book, Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory
- Matt Fitzgerald’s book How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind over Muscle
- Beetroot shots
- Osmo PreLoad Hydration
- Base Performance Salt Lick
- Monash University FODMAP app
- Gastrointestinal problems in distance running
- Physiology and pathophysiology of splanchnic hypoperfusion and intestinal injury during exercise: strategies for evaluation and prevention
- Want more ideas for hydrating hot and humid workouts? Check out this post!
- Grab your free download comparing the nutrition content of popular gels/chews on the market
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.