Ep. 33: Pelvic Floor Health for Runners at All Life Stages with Dr. Abby Bales, DPT
Dr. Abby Bales, DPT is here to answer all of your burning questions about pelvic floor health for runners and athletes at all stages of life.
In this episode, we cover:
- Should you run while pregnant?
- What you can keep doing while pregnant, and when to know the point to stop
- What should return to running look like postpartum
- Common pelvic floor issues seen in women and athletes
- What are the signs and symptoms of pelvic floor issues
- Is it normal to have to pee during running, jumping, and other activitites?
- Why “just in case” peeing is detrimental
- How to know if you’re emptying your bladder at the appropriate time and intervals
- How to do a proper deep squat to open the pelvis
- How to properly do a kegel and advanced kegels
- What’s the best way to improve pelvic floor health
- And more!
Connect with Dr. Abby Bales:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Join us in the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.