Ep 27: How to Have the Best Off Season: The Lowdown on Off Season Nutrition
Today we’re talking all about off season nutrition and how to maximize your off season for the best results when you start training again!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why the off season is the perfect time to work on nutrition
- What you should focus on for the off season based off your last training cycle
- Using this time with less training to tap into hunger, fullness, and satisfaction cues
- What to do if you want to gain or lose weight
- How to gain muscle using nutrition
- Setting goals for the off season to make the most of it
Research and links discussed:
- Marita’s Meal Prep Tips for Athletes Guide
- Ep 15: Kelly Jones, plant based athlete and dietitian, episode
- Ep 25: Jill Merkel, dietitian for the Tennessee Titans, on fueling for performance vs aesthetics episode
- Ep 11: Fiona Sutherland, dietitian and body image expert, on body image for athletes episode
- Sarah’s 51 Healthy Recipes for Athletes Blog Post
- Poodle Science Set Point video
- Tim Ferriss Podcast with performance psychologist Dr. Jim Loehr
- Deena Kastor’s book, Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory
- Matt Fitzgerald’s book How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind over Muscle
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.