Ep 34: Fueling for Trail Running and Ultra Marathon Distances with Kylee Van Horn
Kylee Van Horn, RDN is an endurance sports dietitian, who takes a balanced, sustainable approach to fueling for performance. A competitive trail runner herself, she is on a mission to change the message in the endurance community to separate facts from fads and change the message from skinnier is better to one that celebrates performance no matter the body size. Today, Kylee is the founder and owner of her sports nutrition business Flynutrition, which helps runners, triathletes, and skiers to learn not only the ‘why’ but the ‘how’ behind fueling for performance. Beyond her work in endurance sports nutrition, Kylee can be found running peaks near Aspen, CO with her two australian shepherds and ultra endurance husband, Sean.
In this episode, we cover:
· What she wishes more runners new about trail nutrition
· Tips for running in cold winter weather and preventing gel/water freezing
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Join us in the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.