Ep 14: 12 Time Marathoner Natalie Mitchell on Training, Prioritizing Recovery, and Being a BIPOC Endurance Athlete
Natalie Mitchell is a Los Angeles based running coach, 12 time marathoner (with a PR of 3:05), and mom to three athletic and zany kids.
When she is not working with a client or chasing after her kids, you’ll find her running on the roads or high up in the mountains near her home. Natalie also loves to cook healthy meals, bake and read in her spare time.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How she started running
- Her return to running after having three difficult pregnancies
- How Natalie prioritizes recovery and staying injury free
- Her time working with with famed half marathoner, Ryan Hall, as her coach this past year as she tried to qualify for the 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials
- How it went when she tried to qualify for the OTQ
- Her training, including working on form, drills, visualization, mileage, and cross training
- Why age is just a number and how Natalie keeps getting faster as a masters runner
- Her pre-workout go-to meal for her sensitive stomach
- Natalie’s experience as a BIPOC athlete and how white endurance athletes can make the sport more inclusive
- Why Natalie and her husband created Suite Run, a way to give traveling runners a scenic, safe and accessible (3 or 5 mile) running route that starts from their hotel door.
Connect with Natalie:
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation