Ep 20: 11 Fueling Mistakes Endurance Athletes Make
We see these all the time with our clients (and maybe have made a few ourselves!)
We’ve touched on a lot of these myths over the last 19 episodes, but wanted to put all of the common fueling mistakes we see often in one place for you.
- MISTAKE #1: Skipping fueling workouts that are over an hour
- MISTAKE #2: Not getting the recommended 30-90g/carbs/hour
- MISTAKE #3: Not eating before and after a workout
- MISTAKE #4: Eating a fiber, fat, or protein heavy meal before a workout
- MISTAKE #5: Not drinking fluid before, during, and after a workout
- MISTAKE #6: Only focusing on protein for recovery post-workout
- MISTAKE #7: Skipping electrolytes during workouts
- MISTAKE #8: Not eating enough carbs
- MISTAKE #9: Waiting hours to eat after a workout
- MISTAKE #10: Not practicing your fueling before race day/ Trying something new on race day
- MISTAKE #11: Overdoing it the night or day before a big run/race
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.