Ep 13: Registered Dietitian and 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials Finisher
Starla Garcia, M.Ed, RDN, LD, is a Registered Dietitian and marathoner based in Houston, Texas. She was a recent 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifier. Starla owns the private practice, The Healthy Shine, where she helps runners stop under fueling to reach their next personal record with realistic and sustainable nutrition.
In this episode, we discuss:
– How working with a running coach and training group helped her reach her goals
– What training for and running the 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials was like
– How she prioritized recovery and staying injury free when running marathons in back-to-back months
– Her fueling plan for the marathon
– How she recovered from an eating disorder
– The body comparison and pressure to conform she felt as a Latina runner and how she thinks we can improve diversity and inclusivity in the sport of running
– How she incorporates intuitive eating into her practice
Want to support the show and help keep us going? Consider joining our Patreon group, where you get insider access and exclusive content!
- Starla Garcia’s website
- Starla Garcia’s instagram
- Runner’s World BIPOC article
- Knox Robinson (First Run), talking about culture, black community and running
- Intuitive Eating
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation