Ep 4: Post Workout Fueling
Sarah and Marita answer a listener question about always feeling hungry when in a deep training cycle, and talk about the logistics of post workout fueling including:
- What is the window and how long is it?
- Can it be extended in certain circumstances?
- What are the best foods to eat within window?
- How does it vary with endurance vs. strength?
- How to make it accessible with training/traveling
Want to support the show and help keep us going? Consider joining our Patreon group, where you get insider access and exclusive content!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Join Our Free Facebook Group, Nutrition for Runners
- Nail Your Nutrition course,
- Grab your FREE download of The Best Recovery Foods and Tips
- Sarah’s Guide About How to Listen to Your Hunger
- Nutrient timing revisited: is there a post-exercise anabolic window?
- Human muscle protein synthesis and breakdown during and after exercise.
- International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and Athletic Performance
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation