Ep 26: How Our Relationships with Food and Exercise Have Changed Over Time + What is Orthorexia?
In this episode, we discuss our current relationships with food and exercise, and how they have evolved over time from what used to be an unhealthy relationship with each. We also talk about orthorexia and how it can present for athletes.
– What is orthorexia, what are the signs and symptoms?
– How nutrition programs can affect relationships with food
– How can orthorexia affect athletes?
– The difference between healthy eating and orthorexia
– Why where you get your nutrition information may be a contributing factor to orthorexia and disordered relationships with exercise
– What can you do if you think you have orthorexia?
– How Sarah and Marita got into nutrition
– How our relationships with food has changed over time
- Evidence and gaps in the literature on orthorexia nervosa
- Prevalence of eating disorders among dietetics students: does nutrition education make a difference?
- Dietitians and eating disorders
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation