Ep 25: How a Sports Dietitian Helps Professional Fuel
In this episode, we talk with sports dietitian, Jill Merkel, about how she has worked with professional athletes throughout her career. Jill is a Registered Dietitian specializing in sports nutrition, body image, disordered eating, and Intuitive Eating. She has worked with athletes and individuals from the high school level to the professional level and is currently in her 4th season as the team dietitian for the NFL Tennessee Titans.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How she became a sports dietitian
- Her various careers as a sports dietitian and what lead her to becoming an entrepreneur and consultant for the NFL
- How she helps professional athletes fuel
- If and how she implements Intuitive Eating into her practice, both with recreational and professional athletes
- What the biggest issues are with fueling professional athletes, particularly NFL players, both on and off the field
- If body image is a factor for professional athletes, and how she unpacks that with clients
- Jill’s personal running history and her goal to run a race in all 50 states
You can learn more about Jill at:
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Join us in the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation