Ep 7: Can a Low FODMAP Diet Improve Runners’ Stomach?
Sarah and Marita continue talking about GI issues in endurance athletes and discuss what FODMAPS are, what foods and sports foods are high in fodmaps, and how a low fodmap diet may help IBS and runners’ stomach symptoms.
A low FODMAP diet is typically used for treating IBS and other constant GI symptoms but is meant to be a short term diet. Sarah and Marita also discuss when you may want/need to consider this and what the risks can be.
Want to support the show and help keep us going? Consider joining our Patreon group, where you get insider access and exclusive content!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Cera Sport – Low FODMAP Hydration Mix
- Monash University – Low fodmap diet
- Monash University List of FODMAP foods
- Low FODMAP gluten free pasta recipe
- Research Review: Exit Gluten-Free and Enter Low FODMAPs: A Novel Dietary Strategy to Reduce Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Athletes
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation