April 28, 2021
Balancing Motherhood and Training + Running Faster After Having Babies with Meghann Featherstun, MS RD CSSD
Ep 24: Balancing Motherhood and Training + Running Faster After Having Babies with Meghann Featherstun, MS RD CSSD
In this episode, we talk with sports dietitian, Meghan Featherstun about training and balancing motherhood, work, meal planning and family time. Meghan is a marathon runner and has dropped over an hour on her marathon time, even after having kids!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sports nutrition requirements and how she got into sports nutrition
- How Meghan dropped over an hour between her first marathon and most recent marathon (3:58 to 2:57)
- The importance of a training group for accountability and how she is able to wake up at 4am for her training runs, even in this COVID era
- How she has adjusted training with two kids
- How family and support enables her training and how she’s able to balance mom’ing, cooking, working, training and more!
- What recovery from two C Sections looked like and returning to training
- What training looks like leading up to a marathon
- Some of the biggest fueling challenges she sees among runners and athletes
- How she balances nutrition and running to avoid injury
- What her crosstraining and strength training looks like
- How her fueling philosophy has changed over time
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation