April 28, 2021
11 Fueling Mistakes Endurance Athletes Make
Ep 20: 11 Fueling Mistakes Endurance Athletes Make
Today we’re breaking down 11 common mistakes endurance athletes make regarding fueling and training and how to not make them again!
We see these all the time with our clients (and maybe have made a few ourselves!)
We’ve touched on a lot of these myths over the last 19 episodes, but wanted to put all of the common fueling mistakes we see often in one place for you.
During this episode, we discuss these mistakes and more:
- MISTAKE #1: Skipping fueling workouts that are over an hour
- MISTAKE #2: Not getting the recommended 30-90g/carbs/hour
- MISTAKE #3: Not eating before and after a workout
- MISTAKE #4: Eating a fiber, fat, or protein heavy meal before a workout
- MISTAKE #5: Not drinking fluid before, during, and after a workout
- MISTAKE #6: Only focusing on protein for recovery post-workout
- MISTAKE #7: Skipping electrolytes during workouts
- MISTAKE #8: Not eating enough carbs
- MISTAKE #9: Waiting hours to eat after a workout
- MISTAKE #10: Not practicing your fueling before race day/ Trying something new on race day
- MISTAKE #11: Overdoing it the night or day before a big run/race
Ep 5: 11 Sports Nutrition Myths Debunked
Ep 6: Runner’s Stomach and Other GI Issues When Training
SPORTS NUTRITION INSIDERS:
- Grab your free fueling chart download to figure out which fuel is easiest on your stomach!
- Join our community on Facebook!
- Learn more about the Nail Your Nutrition fueling course
- To follow along with the show, follow Nailyournutrition.
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation